Certified Carbon Neutral HyDAF™ Technology Protects Water Reuse Scheme
September 19, 2023
The Wickham WWTP located in Western Australia is operated by Water Corporation and treats approximately 600kL of wastewater per day. Treatment is via a pond-based system using a primary facultative pond followed by stabilisation ponds.
Final effluent is further treated in a downstream water reuse scheme that employs ultra-filtration membrane treatment followed by UV disinfection and Chlorination. This water reuse scheme is impacted by heavy algae loads from the stabilisation ponds, reducing water recovery rates. A new HyDAF™ Dissolved Air Flotation system was installed prior to the reuse scheme to remove this algae.
- HyDAF™ is Australia’s first Climate Active Certified Carbon Neutral Dissolved Air Flotation technology
- Higher quality effluent produced by the HyDAF™ allows the downstream reuse plant to operate at a higher recovery
- Two HyDAF™ HD35 Dissolved Air Flotation Units were installed, each capable of processing 35 kL/h. The scope included ancillaries items such as reaction tanks, HydraBlend® polymer dosing system and compressed air supply
- Main objective was to remove high levels of algae to increase the efficiency of the downstream membrane process.
- Counter current design provides high efficiency solids removal
- Treated water from the HyDAF™ was lower than the required effluent parameters of TSS<20mg/L and Turbidity<7.5NTU
- All stainless-steel construction provides durability and longer design life
HyDAF™ technology has been designed to treat water and wastewater from a variety of municipal and industrial applications. Over 90 HyDAF™ units are operating through Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific. It is available in 8 standard sizes, ranging from 5 through to 350 kL/h.
For further information, please CLICK HERE or contact us on 1300 417 697.
HyDAF™ and Hydrablend® are proprietary technologies of Hydroflux Industrial Pty Ltd
About the Hydroflux Group
The Hydroflux Group aims to deliver the highest level of engineering and scientific know-how to the emerging issues of sustainability, climate adaptation and environmental protection with a specific focus on water and wastewater.
As part of its vision and mission, Hydroflux has always taken its climate responsibility seriously. In 2022, Hydroflux became Australia’s first water treatment and technology company to achieve Climate Active carbon neutral certification for its organisation and products. It knows that partnering with customers and clients is the most significant impact it can have in its journey. The Group employs over 100 staff and operates throughout Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands, with office locations in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Auckland, Suva and Portsmouth.